March 19, 2010

A Lesson Learned

So Kaidrei has been trying out many new sounds lately. Most of them are great - dada, mama, buzzing her lips, etc, but this new sound really caused me some concern.


The grunts sounded so horrible that I was afraid she was constipated. So the worried mother that I am, I gave her prunes - and never again (unless dire measures are needed) will this girl eat prunes. She most definitely was not having problems, well, she wasn't before I gave her prunes at least ;) This morning we awoke to the most unpleasant smell ever and it permeated any area in which she was in. After the fact, I found out that she had a few poopy diapers in the last couple of days, but Brian had been the unlucky recipient of all of those diaper changes - little did I know.

We have now decided that her grunts are just trying out new sounds, but I am always concerned that something is wrong when she does it. Though I do think she uses it to express her frustration because when you take something away from her that she was playing with she will grunt like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you Mrs. Nyman! Your little daughter is so Cute! My nephew is staying with us until sept. This is my sister's blog, http://soldierslittlewife8.blogspot.com/
Jaclyn P. Was your 5th grade student.