March 9, 2010

Grumpy Days

This is how Kaidrei and I felt yesterday!

It was definitely a grumpy day for both of us. Sunday night I got a horrible migraine and it didn't let up until late last night. To say the least it made for a long day for both of us. Kaidrei was pretty grumpy too, and I figured she was just bored, so we bundled up and went out to the balcony for a picnic lunch since it was actually nice.

Usually when we go out she is struggling to sit up and looking everywhere. Yesterday she just laid on my lap and snuggled in. This made me start to wonder so when we went back inside I took her temperature and the poor sweet girl had a fever of 101 degrees. No wonder she was snuggly. I gave her a bath and some tylenol and it came down some but she just wanted to be cuddled - which honestly was great with me since all I wanted to do was cuddle too. We were both very happy when Brian finally got home - Mondays are his long (10 hour) day at work. I was especially surprised when he brought these out from behind his back:

Aren't they pretty? (and the smell wonderful too!)

I was so surprised, but it lifted my spirits. He told me he had the cure for migraines - pizza, apple juice, (the dinner he made last night) and flowers. I think he might just be right...especially about the flowers. I just love having fresh flowers in the house. Kaidrei likes them too, although she doesn't like the fact that I won't let her "play" with them. I think she doesn't have too much appreciation for things that are just to look at yet.

2 comments:

Ashlee Peterson said...

What a sweet husband you have! Are there any more where he came from? ;)

Jo said...

Hope you both are feeling better!!
Kaidrei's look says it all!!
Glad Brian is there for you!