It has been a big adjustment having Brian's parents gone. They headed home on Friday and oh how we miss them! I have a feeling that I'm going to love weekends more and more...I mean I always did like the weekends, but luckily Brian's work schedule is to where he is home on the weekends and he is so good to both Kaidrei and myself! I have a serious respect for single parents or people who have twins. I don't know how I would do it alone! There are so many times as it is that I find myself overwhelmed and crying for no reason at all -- Brian is great at these times especially as he reminds me that it's all ok and that I've not slept more than 3 hours in almost 3 weeks. Brian is truly my saving grace in all this!
Kaidrei had her two week checkup last Wednesday and she hasn't quite regained her birth weight so we have to go back in for another weight check in a couple of days. The doctor said he wasn't too worried about it because she looks healthy and like she is doing well. She did have to get blood taken at the appointment and it was a horrible experience for both of us. I know it was for her good, but it was so hard to sit back and watch her scream. I just wanted to make the hurt go away, which is how I'm sure all parents including our Heavenly parents feel. For hours afterwards she would give sad little whimpers which definitely evoked lots of cuddling.
Anyway at 2 weeks here are her stats: weight 8 lbs, 4 oz. -- 49 percentile; head circumference 14.7 inches -- 81 percentile; length 21.25 inches -- 84 percentile. The amazing thing to me is that she has grown almost 2 inches in length in 2 weeks! I just can't believe it!
Here are a few pictures from today while Kaidrei was hanging out with Daddy!
1 comment:
LeAnn! She is so cute! Funny story...Dustin was looking at Kaidrei's pictures with me and he usually thinks kids are not so great looking, but as he was looking at her pictures he said "See, babies can actually be cute!" That's a major compliment for you! He doesn't say that about just any kiddo! Hang in there!
Post a Comment