June 28, 2009

Transformers 2!

On Wednesday morning (more like Tuesday night) at 12:07 a.m., we went and saw the new Transformers movie. Transformers are one of Brian's favorite things and from what I understand always have been. We went to the opening showing of the first Transformers movie when it came out last year and had to follow suit with the sequel. At the first Transformers movie, we had pretty good seats and didn't buy the tickets early. This time we thought we were going to do one better, so we bought the tickets ahead of time online and went to the theater 45 minutes or so early. Apparently Transformers has gained in popularity because we definitely did not go early enough. We ended up on the very front row of the theater. I don't know how they can even sell tickets for it that close. We were close enough to see the pixels of the screen and we had to turn our heads to be able to see everything (this may be partly caused by both of us wearing glasses at the time). Even with the horrible seats, which happened to cause some motion sickness during the action scenes, it was a great show. Though I can't wait to see it again when I can actually see everything that is happening on the screen and not have a crick in my neck.

Okay, really the seats weren't quite that bad, but they weren't good either. I think the roughest part of the show was getting to bed at 3:30 in the morning and Brian being up for work at 7. One of his coworkers declined coming with us...saying that we were crazy, but I guess it is one of the things that I love about Brian. It is the hidden teenager in all of us, why not do something wild and crazy every once in a while. Granted I can say this because I got to sleep in until 9:30 while Brian was at work, and we both fell asleep quite early the next night. A few days later now and I think we are totally recouped and still had a great time!

No comments: