May 31, 2009

30 Weeks

Well it has officially been 30 weeks, but according to the doctor at the last appointment I measured 2 weeks farther along. The doctor didn't change the due date yet, because he wants to see how I measure at the next appointment. I can't help but hope that we are two weeks ahead so this would be a 32 week picture, especially now that it is getting to be more uncomfortable to move around especially to bend over.

It has been fun some of the quirky things that I have found happening. For example, the other day I was writing on the whiteboard as I was teaching math. I turned from the class to write something on the top of the board and then as I stepped away I realized I had erased the bottom of the board with my tummy as I was writing on the top. I don't think the kids noticed, but I sure got a chuckle out of it. A few days later, I had a student bump into my tummy twice (once in the morning and once in the afternoon) while trying to walk passed me. He very apologetically said, "I'm sorry, Mrs. Nyman. I really don't mean to." Oh the joys, but at least having a pregnant tummy has brought more smiles than tears.

On Friday, I was just emotional and in an all around bad mood for no reason at all -- other than hormones, I'm sure. I was all ready to be done being pregnant and then on Saturday morning Brian was playing some music for me that he liked and I hadn't heard before. As we were laying on the bed listening, I pulled his hand over and put it on my tummy and almost instantly the baby kicked. It wasn't just a little kick, it was one where I could see her hand or leg poke out. It was amazing, but very weird to see your stomach move that way at the same time. We both just found ourselves laughing and just happy. To say the least, we are both so happy to soon be parents and being pregnant (and putting up with me being pregnant) is so going to be worth it.

2 comments:

Rebecca & Jeff said...

YAY!! You look great! I'm so excited to see your little one!

Kirby and Tara Farnsworth said...

You are soo cute! Oh what fun it is to have a belly, huh! Can you send me your address...that would be awesome!